Studio One 5 Professional
The DAW that's simply powerful. Create without boundaries, perform without limits with Studio One, the DAW designed for intuitive end-to-end music production.
The workflow you want
Studio One’s fluid single-screen workflow, creative composition tools, and powerful instruments and effects make it the ideal DAW for getting ideas down and seeing them through, the way you want to.
Audio loops, virtual instruments, plugin effects, and even presets can all be dragged into your session from Studio One’s innovative Browser. Drag-and-drop to copy FX Chains from one channel to another, or convert MIDI to audio or audio to MIDI. Ease of use is at the heart of Studio One, so you’ll work faster than ever before
Intelligent chord dectection
Studio One detects chords in your audio or MIDI tracks and extracts them, then determines the possible chord progressions. Substitute complex chords for simple chords or vice versa. Or, have old parts follow a new chord structure.
Perform with Show Page
New in Version 5, the Show Page lets you add backing tracks, virtual instruments, and plugin effects to your live instruments with an easy-to-use Setlist feature. Sculpt your performance and change your show each night or do a quick edit on the fly when inspiration strikes.
Intuitively make beats
Impact XT is part drum machine, part polyrhythmic playground, and goes beyond any traditional rhythm sequencer setup. Its performance and composition-oriented features, like real-time loop stretching, choke groups, beat quantization, and seamless integration with Patterns, make building complex, evolving beats both easy and enthralling.
Fine-tune with Melodyne 5
Studio One Professional now includes Melodyne Essentials 5, an industry-leading pitch-correction plugin. It’s fully integrated with the DAW so you can quickly tune vocals, detect chords, and get pro-level pitch-correction without transferring audio or opening a separate plugin.
Enter, view, and edit notes using standard music notation, powered by PreSonus’ Notion software.
Studio One doesn’t limit your creativity with a track or bus limit. Use 34 tracks for kicks, just for kicks.
Plays Well with Others
Studio One uses AAF for easy file import and export. Open projects and use keyboard shortcuts from Pro Tools, Logic, and Digital Performer without a hiccup.
Studio One comes brimming with 50+ high-quality effects and 40+ gigs of loops, samples, one-shots, and instruments.
“When I opened up Studio One, it was extremely intuitive…I was able to recreate my entire Logic tracking template in Studio One without googling a thing.”
“It's a great DAW for musicians like me because I can effortlessly flow from initial track idea to finished master without it getting in the way of my creativity. It’s incredibly intuitive and a pure joy to use, but is still powerful enough to handle everything I can think of throwing at it.”
Luke Moellman of Great Good Fine Ok
- Studio One Professional 5 is the DAW that facilitates flow. It does this by preserving the good things from traditional studio equipment and workflows, and by turning everything else on its head. From its unique single-screen workflow with drag-and-drop functionality to its multitouch support, Studio One is a performance-ready idea machine. It has unlimited tracks, unlimited automation, unlimited virtual instruments, unlimited busses, and unlimited FX channels, 37 native effects, and built-in virtual instruments, so you can just create.
- Reveal and rearrange chords with Chord Track, route signals like spiderwebs with the modulation matrix, mangle samples musically with SampleOne XT, sequence melodies and drums with Patterns.
- Studio One’s flexible features make it a joy to use, whether you’re making music at home, in the studio, or on the road.
- What's new in Version 5:
- - Show Page: Studio One’s new Show Page lets live musicians add backing tracks, virtual instruments, and plugin racks all from a single, intuitive, drag-and-drop interface.
- - Score View: Use the new Score View to enter, view, and edit notes using standard notation.
- - Clip Gain Envelopes: The newly-added Clip Gain Envelope is the perfect tool for correcting sections of audio that are either too loud or too soft without adding a compressor or limiter plugin.
- - Melodyne Essential 5: The new Melodyne Essential 5 adds vastly improved vocal editing tools, integrated chord detection, and a chord grid.
- - Extended Mixer Scenes: Capture your entire console state and recall the complete mixer scenes. Or, selectively recall Volume, Pan, Mute, Inserts, Sends, and more on any or every channel.
- - Redesigned Native Effects™ Plugin Suite: Several plugins—including Analog Delay, Rotor, and Tricomp—have been updated with a State Space Modeled drive stage for natural analog saturation.
- - Aux Channels: A new channel type feeding any external instruments and audio sources into Studio One®’s mixer without the need to create an audio track that clutters your session.
- Click here for a detailed description of Studio One Professional 5 features.
- For the most up-to-date system requirements and host compatibility details, please visit the manufacturer's website
- Mac OS X 10.13+ (64-bit only)
- Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- 4GB RAM (8GB Recommended), 40GB hard-drive space