In 2019, we uploaded over 60 videos on our YouTube channel spanning production tutorials, artist studio sessions, and more.
Though we love them all, below we’ve highlighted five videos from this year that were among our favorites.
1. Scott Storch (50 Cent, Dr. Dre) shows what you need to make a hit
In this video, legendary hip hop producer Scott Storch shows you the key components that constitute a hit.
2. Producing Drake’s “Mob Ties” with GRAMMY winner Boi-1da
In this video, GRAMMY-winning producer Boi-1da talks about how he created Drake’s “Mob Ties” while giving us an inside look into his creative process.
3. Southside (Future, Young Thug) reveals how he became the boss of 808 Mafia
In this video, 808 Mafia founder and trap legend Southside opens the doors to his studio and shares his guiding principles as a producer.
4. How Frank Ocean producer Malay creates lo-fi textures
In this video, Malay walks us through how he creates his signature sound and plays with a few of his favorite V Collection patches.
5. How to make drum patterns: Rhythms every producer should know
Last but not least, this beginner tutorial covers the most important rhythms for an array of popular genres including hip hop, trap, house, techno, and reggaeton.
What was your favorite video from us in 2019? Let us know in the comments below, and subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos in 2020.
December 30, 2019