We’ve teamed up with Song Exploder, the podcast where musicians tell the stories of how they made their songs, to challenge you to make a song of your own.
Song Exploder is all about taking apart tracks, piece by piece. In this contest, we’re out to do precisely the opposite. Song Exploder’s creator and host Hrishikesh Hirway has pulled together an eclectic collection of sonic ingredients into a sample pack called Splice Exploder. Now, it’s up to you to assemble sounds from the pack into a track.
What’s in it for the grand prize winner?
- 1 year subscription to Splice Sounds
- A Song Exploder t-shirt
- Get featured on both Splice and Song Exploder’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Here’s how it works:
- Get the Splice Exploder sample pack from Splice Sounds. (If you aren’t a Splice Sounds subscriber, sign up with code EXPLODER to get the pack for free.)
- Create a track using at least four samples from the pack.
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries will be reviewed by Hrishikesh and the team at Splice.
- Deadline for submissions is 11:59pm EST June 13th. The winner will be contacted on June 23rd.
Get the pack and get started!
PS: Link to Song Exploder cover art — feel free to use for your submission.
In case you have not heard of Song Exploder, check out their latest episode here: