A software instrument with the power to create any sound, from the best mix-ready modern presets to deep custom sound design. Explore every shade of synthesis and make your wildest sonic fantasy a full-color reality, whatever your style.
Available as Standalone, VST, AU, and AAX.
See what's new in Pigments 5
The latest Pigments release includes brand-new tools and workflows, updates to some of Pigments' best features, and hundreds of new sounds. Watch this video to catch Pigments 5 in action.
Limitless sound design
Use Pigments' three parallel sound engines to play with virtual analog, wavetable, and granular synthesis, plus a sampler, harmonic, and utility engine—all in one intuitive plugin. Add extra weight and bite with sub and noise generators, and explore boundless sound design and modulation capabilities.
Overhauled generative sequencer
Explore the new generative sequencer, featuring one-click sequence generation and new play modes, as well as saveable presets and sequence browsing. Make use of the sequencer lock to apply your sequence settings to any sound.
Built to be played
It’s never been quicker—and more fun—to get the sound you need. From the updated Play Mode and vibrant color-coded workflow to quicker navigation and a Light/Dark theme option, Pigments 5 is tailor-made for the modern music producer.
Powerful FX for any audio
In addition to EQ, reverb, delay, overdrive, bitcrushers, and phasers, Pigments comes loaded with highly-requested FX like a multi-band compressor, the BL-20 Flanger, and the Chorus Jun-6, taken from Arturia’s Juno-6 emulation. Pigments 5 now lets you process external audio from the Utility engine, letting you put these powerful effects to use on any sound in your project.
Thousands of sounds
Pigments comes with over 1500 presets, wavetables, samples, and more, plus you can curate your own library of sounds from hundreds of sound banks (updated monthly) crafted by world-renowned producers, artists, and sound designers. Explore sounds directly in Pigments’ preset browser or the online store and create a sound library that works for you.
There's a tutorial for that
If you’re a synthesis beginner, or if you’d like to expand your knowledge, Pigments’ in-app tutorials will lead the way, starting with the basics and going into full sound design detail—letting you explore at your own pace.
Unleash, mutate, and elevate your sound until it’s entirely your own with instant drag-and-drop modulation. Create new pathways between engines, filters, and FX for uniquely experimental audio manipulation.
Pigments pairs seamlessly with MPE controllers for more expressive and nuanced control over multiple parameters as you play. Discover new realms of expressivity with the Pigments MPE-compatible library.
Reduced CPU consumption
Pigments now utilizes multi-core processing for greater CPU efficiency, allowing more users to explore this powerful softsynth with ease. Keep your mind on your track and not your buffer size.
- A revolution in modern synthesis, Pigments’ approach to sound design is as intricate as it is accessible, letting users craft epic, high-resolution, surgically-precise, and hard-hitting sounds with an all-encompassing interface, tailor-made for forward-thinking producers.
- Pigments 5 introduces multi-core processing, a new generative sequencer, the ability to input external audio, as well as a refreshed interface and new curated content and sounds—enabling an even greater sonic palette to play with.
- - 3 PARALLEL SOUND ENGINES – 3-Oscillator Virtual Analog, Wavetable, Sample, Granular, Harmonic Oscillator, Utility
- - POWERFUL FILTERS AND FX – Modern filters and classic filters from V Collection instruments, 18 different FX alogrithms and up to 9 parallel FX slots
- - ADVANCED MODULATION – Color-coded, drag-and-drop workflow featuring Envelopes, LFOs, Function generators, Random source, assignable Macros, and more
- - SEQUENCER AND ARPEGGIATOR – Create complex and evolving sequences and arpeggios, including an advanced random sequence generator
- - INTUITIVE USER INTERFACE – Graphical representation of the most important mdules, a simplified Play Mode, and Dark/Light themes
- - FLEXIBLE PLAYABILITY – Compatible with MPE and NKS controllers, plus MTS-ESP microtuning compatibility
- - THOUSANDS OF SOUNDS – Extensive library of 1500 presets, plus tons more via the Pigments Store
- - See the full features list on Arturia's website here.
- For the most up-to-date system requirements and host compatibility details, please visit the manufacturer's website.
- Mac OS X 11.0+, 4 GB RAM, 4 cores 3.4 GHz CPU
- Win 10+ (64bit), 4 GB RAM, 4 cores 3.4 GHz CPU
- 3GB of free hard disk space
- Works in Standalone, VST, AAX, Audio Unit, NKS (64-bit DAWs only)