The new Pigments 2 combines analog warmth with wavetable workflow, granular processing, & a robust sampling engine
Available as VST, AU, and AAX.
NEW: Sample Engine
With Pigments 2’s new Sample Engine, drag & drop a sound or sample into any of its six sample slots. Loop, reverse, and edit them to create textures unique to your sound.
NEW: Granular Synthesis
Refine your sound with the Sample Engine’s Granular Synthesis mode. Control the shape and movement of your sample to produce creative soundscapes.
NEW: Updated Sequencer
Pigments 2 includes an intuitive sequencer and arpeggiator so you can program evolving rhythms, melodies, and bouncy bass lines. The updated sequencer has a revamped Random mode, sparking unplanned musical joys.
The Best of Both Worlds
Pigments’ striking sound comes from the unique fusion of analog and wavetable synthesis. Use its three-oscillator analog engine or its complex wavetable engine separately or stacked together, depending on what you’re looking to achieve.
Pigments is designed with a modular mindset, meaning you can easily modulate nearly any parameter with anything else. Put an LFO on a filter cutoff, use function generators to control delay time, and generally make your sounds move more with just a few clicks.
Classic Arturia Filters
Pigments includes dozens of the acclaimed filters from Arturia’s V Collection, dead-on emulations of the classic hardware filters like the M12, SEM, Mini, and the newly added LowPass Gate. This means Pigments can produce warm, analog lines both new and familiar.
Pigments is packed with FX that are made to be stacked with proper insert and send routing options. The three FX engines have three slots each, which include distortion, multi-filter, parametric EQ, compressor, reverb, delay, overdrive, wavefolders, bitcrushers, chorus, flanger, phaser, stereo pan, and a new Tape Echo effect based on Arturia’s Delay Tape-201 fx.
Presets from the Pros
Explore over 600 presets designed by professional artists and sound designers including Robert Dudzig, Jeremy Savage, Starcadian, Cubic Spline, Mord Fustang, and Jörg Hüttner. Explore each preset intuitively, or refer to its included notes and contextual highlights to see what’s possible.
- Arturia, the storied creators of electronic instruments that augment the past with the future, could certainly rest on their laurels. Their software and hardware, already considered indispensable by many big-name artists and producers, finds itself at the center of most studio setups and can be heard on countless award-winning records and chart-climbing tracks.
- Pigments is Arturia’s newest synth. It’s the poly-chromatic culmination of their considerable experience and vision. It merges their warm, circuit-accurate analog models and effects with the wickedness of wavetable synthesis for a sound that is completely unbound from tradition, without being cold or clinical.
- More importantly, Pigments makes sound design feels like sound painting. The layout is intuitive so that your workflow doesn’t get in the way of the creative flow, and experimenting often results in surprising (and surprisingly beautiful) sounds.
- New in Pigments V2:
- - New Sample Engine
- - Granular Synthesis Mode
- - Updated Sequencer with a revamped Random mode
- - Buchla Easel Low Pass Gate Filter
- - Tape Echo Effect based on Arturia’s Delay Tape-201
- - Workflow improvements: Undo & Redo, Unison update, New presets
- New in Pigments V1.2:
- - Detune voice mode (SUPER mode) for thicker supersaw sounds
- - NKS compatibily with Maschine or Komplete Kontrol by Native Instruments
- - Ability to tune Pigments to different alternate microtonal scales
- - Revamped Sequencer visual layout
- - Integrated Sound Store that feature new sound banks that are updated regularly
- What's included:
- - Virtual analog triple oscillator engine
- - Complex wavetable engine
- - Classic filter types from V Collection instruments
- - Modern filter types
- - Continuous series/parallel routing
- - Powerful effects section
- - Insert or Send routing
- - Advanced modulation system
- - Polyrhythmic Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- - Insert or Send routing
- - Extensive factory preset library
- For the most up-to-date system requirements and host compatibility details, please visit the manufacturer's website
- Mac OS X 10.10+
- Windows 7+ (64-bit)
- Works in Standalone, VST 2.4, VST 3, AAX, Audio Unit (64-bit DAWs only)