A sound designer’s best friend
THERMAL makes it easy to experiment and dial in new distortion sounds. A user-friendly experience is key to controlling the deeply powerful, multi-stage engine.
Distortion & effects
Choose from 19 analog and digitally modeled distortion algorithms. Add harmonics and grit, shape amplitude, and frequency modulation.
Width & tone
Add a final touch to each stage by adding Mid Side and time-based width, then shape highs and lows using the Tone panel.
Hone in on a specific frequency range by dragging the handles on the waveform and adjusting the volume using the slider. Turn band split on to activate the crossover filters.
- For years, distortion and saturation effects have only seen incremental advances. THERMAL breaks ground with a multi-stage engine that goes far beyond what multi-band distortions traditionally accomplish, inviting experimentation and inspiring creativity. The XY control provides an easy interface to enhance harmonics by tapping into its layered engines, each with analog and digital distortion algorithms, effects, modulation, and imaging.
- - 250 presets for immediate playability
- - A circular XY visualizer linked to distortion parameters
- - Powerful, multi-stage distortion and effects processing
- - Interactive waveform manipulation
- - Mid-side and time-based width
- - 15+ custom distortion types
- - 9 built-in FX with an additional Master Compressor and filter
- - Value readout panel for better understanding of controls
- - Favoriting feature in Presets menu
- - Built-in Tool Tips on Advanced page
- For the most up-to-date system requirements and host compatibility details, please visit the manufacturer's website
- Mac OS X 10.10+ 8GB RAM (16GB recommended) 400MB of free drive space
- Windows 8.1+ 8GB RAM (16GB recommended) 400MB of free drive space
- VST, VST3, AAX, and AU compatible host software